Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn on auto capitalization on my mac?

Hey guys,

I want to know how to turn on auto capitalization on my mac. Because this helps me to type faster in pages, keynote, etc.

Could y'all help me out?

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 1:40 PM

18 replies

May 2, 2017 10:17 PM in response to craigsequeira

In the Windows world there is a shareware tool called Capitalizer. It auto-capitalizes each sentence after you press Enter or period+space or other keys that you can define. Works along with all kinds of text editors or word processors.

They say there will be a version for Mac in the near future. May be it's worth checking or signing up to their notification list.

(http://translationtospanish.com/capitalizer/)

May 3, 2017 7:06 AM in response to picusoft

With the introduction of macOS Sierra, Apple has added a system-wide auto-capitalization selection to the System Preferences : Keyboard : Text panel. This is just a hint that applications that are written to detect will then use.

The WordService solution in the App Store has a solution as described above. However, in recent releases of OS X/macOS, it not only capitalizes the first word of the sentence — it aggressively capitalizes every noun in the sentence. I reported this to the vendor over a year ago, and it has gone unfixed.

Pages '09 v4.3 actually has a Fix capitalization feature in its Preferences that does not depend on the operating system at all.

Mar 28, 2015 7:38 AM in response to craigsequeira

because Apple has most of its products, phones tablets and software that start with small letters despite being proper nouns, in Apple's world it's normal to use small letters for proper nouns and start sentences with small letters.

you will have to get used to the shift button and get a bit slow on your typing. after some time you'll get used to it.

this does sound frustrating but i agree with other users that the fact that you are using an expensive Mac does not relegate you to inferior word processors. go ahead and install office for Mac and enjoy!

How to turn on auto capitalization on my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.