Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quick type has disappeared from my messages screen

Quick type is no longer appearing on my messages screen. I restarted my phone and when it restarted quick type was no longer there. Has anyone else had this happen? How do I fix it?

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 1:41 PM

If there is a thin gray bar with a white dash in the middle of it immediately above the keyboard, you can reopen the suggestions by sliding up with one finger on the white dash. May take a couple of tries to get it to reopen.

If that isn't there, you can turn the suggestions on/off by going to Settings > General > Keyboards and turning Predictive to on.

Another method is to tap and hold on the keyboard switch key (e.g., emoji key).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2014 1:41 PM in response to missaych

If there is a thin gray bar with a white dash in the middle of it immediately above the keyboard, you can reopen the suggestions by sliding up with one finger on the white dash. May take a couple of tries to get it to reopen.

If that isn't there, you can turn the suggestions on/off by going to Settings > General > Keyboards and turning Predictive to on.

Another method is to tap and hold on the keyboard switch key (e.g., emoji key).

quick type has disappeared from my messages screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.