Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius mixes not showing on my iPod Classic

I worked through the steps in the manual. In a nutshell that's

1. Switched on Genius in iTunes.

2. Checked there ARE

2. Synced everything to my iPod Classic

And yet I still do

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9), iPad 2

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 1:58 PM

Hello billbennettnz,
After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help in this situation. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice concerning Genius Mixes:

iPhone and iPod: Understanding Genius Mixes

To sync Genius Mixes from iTunes to your iPhone, iPod touch, iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), iPod shuffle (4th generation), or iPod nano (5th and 6th generation), you can either:

1. Sync your entire iTunes music library to the device, including all playlists, artists, genres, Genius playlists, and Genius Mixes*

or

2. Sync selected playlists, artists, and genres, as well as selected Genius playlists and Genius Mixes

To sync selected Genius playlists and Genius Mixes to your device:

1. In iTunes, select your device in the device list and click the Music tab (or button, depending on the version of iTunes being used).
  2. Check Sync Music, and then choose "Selected playlists, artists, and genres."
  3. Under Playlists, select the Genius playlists and Genius Mixes you want.
  4. Click Apply.

User uploaded file

Notes:

• Genius Mixes can only be synced automatically, so you won't be able to add Genius Mixes to your device if "Sync only checked songs and videos" is checked in the iTunes Summary pane.
  • If you select any Genius Mixes to sync with your device, iTunes may select and sync additional songs from your library that you didn’t select.
  • If you choose to sync your entire music library, iTunes will sync all your Genius playlists and Genius Mixes to the device.

* If there is not enough storage space to sync all of your music, Genius Mixes will not sync.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2014 1:58 PM in response to billbennettnz

Hello billbennettnz,
After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help in this situation. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice concerning Genius Mixes:

iPhone and iPod: Understanding Genius Mixes

To sync Genius Mixes from iTunes to your iPhone, iPod touch, iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), iPod shuffle (4th generation), or iPod nano (5th and 6th generation), you can either:

1. Sync your entire iTunes music library to the device, including all playlists, artists, genres, Genius playlists, and Genius Mixes*

or

2. Sync selected playlists, artists, and genres, as well as selected Genius playlists and Genius Mixes

To sync selected Genius playlists and Genius Mixes to your device:

1. In iTunes, select your device in the device list and click the Music tab (or button, depending on the version of iTunes being used).
  2. Check Sync Music, and then choose "Selected playlists, artists, and genres."
  3. Under Playlists, select the Genius playlists and Genius Mixes you want.
  4. Click Apply.

User uploaded file

Notes:

• Genius Mixes can only be synced automatically, so you won't be able to add Genius Mixes to your device if "Sync only checked songs and videos" is checked in the iTunes Summary pane.
  • If you select any Genius Mixes to sync with your device, iTunes may select and sync additional songs from your library that you didn’t select.
  • If you choose to sync your entire music library, iTunes will sync all your Genius playlists and Genius Mixes to the device.

* If there is not enough storage space to sync all of your music, Genius Mixes will not sync.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

Genius mixes not showing on my iPod Classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.