Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store shows updates, opens apps instead, update through search

So I have the badge showing 8 updates. The update tab shows 8 as well. I clicked update and it opened the app instead of updating. I used the search tab and searched for one of the apps needing an update. Here the app shows open. I clicked open and it prompted me for my apple password (shouldn't happen for updates btw) and then updates the app. I go back to the updates tab and it's moved down under updated October 10, 2014 but still shows update. I click update and it opens the app. I went back to the search again and clicked open where it opened the app.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 6:41 PM

56 replies

Oct 12, 2014 2:01 AM in response to Roi des Rois

This bug applies only to jealbroken devices. Bug started 10th october (until that date is everything OK) and most probably is associated with the latest AppCake update. Setting up automatic updates partially solves the problem (Settings - iTunes and App Store - Automatic downloads - turn Updates ON). Apps are being updated, but "UPDATE" button is still present instead of "OPEN" button.

App Store shows updates, opens apps instead, update through search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.