Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A ringtone I purchased from the store was not downloaded but I was still charged for it

Pretty much that. I hit download, and it started. Then it made me put in my id and password, but then it tells me I have to answer a bunch of security questions (Which I've never had to do before) so I hit cancel. The ringtone shows that I can still buy is (as if I never bought it) but my balance has gone down. Meaning I was charged for it, but I don't have the ringtone.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 6:34 PM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2014 9:59 AM in response to Lrowen

Hi Lrowen,

The iTunes store may, if you are using a credit card or PayPal account as your payment method, obtain preapproval for your purchase. Unless the purchase is actually made, the preapproval, which shows up as a purchase on your credit card account, will be released. See this article -

How iTunes Store purchases are billed

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

A ringtone I purchased from the store was not downloaded but I was still charged for it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.