Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LTE or 4G not working in UAE

I have bought an Iphone 6 from Apple online store UAE, a model A1586 which supposed to be supported on the Etisalat and DU network for LTE/4G. But its been 4 days and I am just seeing 3G network only on my phone. I have tried different locations, contacted Etisalat and everything seems fine but still no LTE. Could anybody help me with this as the Iphone 6 which my friends bought directly from Etisalat or DU are working fine on LTE.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 10, 2014 11:58 PM

4 replies

Oct 11, 2014 1:57 AM in response to Ethmoid

Thanks Ethmoid for your reply. All of the above is already done, i have 4G sim card and its 4G activated, 4G option is turned on, and I purchased it from UAE Apple online store and the model is supported as per bandwidth shown. My carrier also confirm the model is supported...... but still its unable to show LTE or 4G.

Oct 11, 2014 1:41 AM in response to usmaqs

Okay, so firstly do you have a 4G sim card in the phone? Some carriers require a 4G sim card to be inserted into the phone first and are you on a 4G package from your carrier?

Have you turned the 4G option on on the phone? Open Settings and then go to Cellular and switch 4G on. You have the option to toggle between 3G and 4G and to use the 4G, you need to turn it on first.

If you have done all of the above and your phone still will not work with LTE/4G, then this is most likely because you purchase the phone in a different country from the one that you are trying to use it in.

Not all the models are correct and if you purchased in UAE, then it probably won't work where you are trying to use it. You should have purchased the phone in country that you want to use it in.

LTE or 4G not working in UAE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.