Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bent Iphone

Hi,

Despite being a loyal Apple customer, this is my first post. So apologies if it is not in the correct place.

I recently bought the iPhone 6, i keep it in my front pocket and have never dropped it, nor has any other force or damage taken place to it.

I recently discovered that it has bent! I am furious!

Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do next? Will Apple replace it? I did not expect to shell out £620 for a phone that bends after just staying in my pocket.

Ross

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 5:02 AM

10 replies

Mar 27, 2015 5:36 PM in response to RenipSsor

I have the same problem. I assured the rep and the manager at the Apple store that I did nothing to cause the bend. In fact, I have had the phone less than 2 months and it is rarely used.

I am furious whereas the store manager said that I could have "dropped it, slammed it in the car door or even run over the phone in my car". What kind of Customer Service is this coming from the manager?!!!

I am disappointed in the product and service from Apple! I even called to speak with someone that said that they could not override the decision of the manager.

I then searched the internet and found that others had the same issue (See Link below). There are several YouTube Videos from others that have the same problem. I expected so much more from Apple!

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/7/7173451/my-name-is-dan-and-i-had-a-bent-iphone #

Mar 30, 2015 12:31 PM in response to shonpatillo

shonpatillo wrote:

A phone bending as a result of being placed in your front pocket is not accidental damage. That is a defective product.

A phone should not be "bendable" and if it is, it should be disclosed.

That is poor design, workmanship and quality.

Perhaps you never read this...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/consumer-reports-tests-iphone-6- bendgate/index.htm

Mar 30, 2015 12:40 PM in response to shonpatillo

"I am furious whereas the store manager said that I could have "dropped it, slammed it in the car door or even run over the phone in my car". What kind of Customer Service is this coming from the manager?!!!"

So, Apple should assume that no damaged phones have been dropped, slammed in a car door or run over? All damages are due to product deficiencies? Apple would soon be out of business and those of us who don't have a damaged phone would be out of luck.

George

Mar 30, 2015 12:43 PM in response to G3gator

Like any warranty on any product, damage is not covered.

Keeping the phone in your front pocket likely damaged it. It is thin and keeping it in your front pocket puts a lot of pressure on the device.

It is unfortunate that you have damaged your iPhone, but it is not Apples responsibility. You could buy and out of warranty replacement for less than the price of a new one.

Bent Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.