Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't download lessons in garage band

Garage band tells me I own piano lessons, but I cannot download/access them? not sure why? any help much appreciated

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 3:45 AM

Hi ..

Check out this support article > GarageBand: Re-downloading Learn to Play Artist Lessons

8 replies

Oct 11, 2014 4:38 AM in response to gorgieadikins

What is your GarageBand version? Did you just upgrade from GarageBand '11 to the new GarageBand 10.0?

Are you asking about the free basic lessons or purchased Artist Lessons?

Garage band tells me I own piano lessons, but I cannot download/access them?

Where are you seeing this message? And how are you trying to access the lessons? Please explain more.

Oct 11, 2014 5:35 AM in response to gorgieadikins

If you now have a new mac book air, you probably now have GarageBand 10 instead of the previous GarageBand 6.0.5. That is why we need to know your version number of the GarageBand version you are using. In Garageband 10 the ability to download the free lessons has to be activated by an in-app purchase. See this document: Expanding GarageBand for Mac (v10.0) content with an in-app purchase

if you previously owned GarageBand, you should be able to download this purchase for free. Use the "Garageband" menu from the main menu bar and click "Restore Purchase".

Oct 11, 2014 8:16 AM in response to léonie

Ok so I have now bought the in app kit, but now cannot open restore purchase , the one time it did open it said i needed the same apple Id.as my purchase. I have used the same apple ID and re bought the in house app purchase today and can see this on my apple account. I do have garage band 10 and bought these in 6 originally. I have even copied these downloads from my old mac but cannot copy them across this did not work either...

Oct 11, 2014 9:24 AM in response to gorgieadikins

I do have garage band 10 and bought these in 6 originally.

What do you mean by "bought these"? GarageBand 6 did not have in-app purchases, and the basic lessons were free. Only artist lessons did need to be purchased.

If you are seeing GarageBand 10 on the Purchased page of the App Store, when you sign into your account, delete GarageBand from the Applications folder and download it again from the "Purchased" page. Then try to "restore" the purchase again.

Check in GarageBand 10 if you are connected to the correct lesson store. The country needs to be the country of the store, where you bought GarageBand. You select the country from the menu in the lower right corner:

User uploaded file

can't download lessons in garage band

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.