Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot receive call in my iPhone 6 since I updated it to 8.0.2 please help

i can't received call in my iPhone 6 since I updated it to 8.0.2 kindly assist

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 8:02 AM

Hey yazidu,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are having trouble receiving calls. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you resolve or isolate the issue.

iPhone: Troubleshooting issues making or receiving calls

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

12 replies

Oct 29, 2014 5:08 AM in response to mario49

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 6 and had the handset replaced too, but same issue with the new handset. A green bar flashes at the top of the screen but the phone does not ring and then shows a missed call when the other person hangs up?!!!!

I've already attempted the suggestion Mario49 has posted. No luck there.

Thanks

Mar 1, 2015 6:29 AM in response to yazidu

Same problem here. I bought my new i6 for Xmas and have had this problem since mid Jan. I have tried all of the fixes. I think we have a major software problem and I'm getting tired of trying. Any other ideas? Phone does not ring, does not show missed calls and has missed texts that show up after phone is turned off and on. Ugh!!! The basic reason to have a phone is to recieve phone calls. According to my phone log no one is calling this phone but there are plenty of messages. Phone is not on "do not disturb" and should recieve calls from everyone. seems like there are a lot of people with the same problem and different networks. I'm off to the Apple Store again.

Mar 2, 2015 4:24 AM in response to Dane1221

I called my operator and they said they would check....

In fact the next day and for the following 5 days my phone went fine! No missed call mesagges and the phone rang any time i called it from my husband's phone.

Today at about 11:00 am i received a msg notifying me i had 6 missed calls 😠😠

At this point i think it should be the operator...😕 orrrr.....otherwise i guess a software update would solve the issue 😕

Pls if anyone finds a solution lets us know! Thanks

Mar 5, 2015 1:28 PM in response to blertissima

Can I offer some help? I am not sure if it will help or not but I was having the same issue and I was getting extremely upset. I have been going 2 days missing all my calls and I couldn't make calls either. I was reading how to figure out what is wrong and looked at my settings. The ONLY thing I actually changed was my SIRI setting - because my grandbaby was having too much fun playing with her and was locking me out of my phone. So I turned it off. That messed up my phone! So I turned it back on and low and behold my stupid phone started getting calls again and I could make them again! I guess I will have to deal with SIRI and letting the grandbaby play with her. It may not work for your problem but it is something to try. And I hope it might work. Because I do know how frustrating it is!

Sep 7, 2015 5:34 PM in response to LittleBugsMeMaw

Thanks for your post! I spent all afternoon on the phone with 4 Verizon techs and they couldn't fix my phone. I google the issue and come across your post and low and behold SIRI was turned off. I turn her on and I could receive calls again. I do not remember turning SIRI off. Strange... Apple needs to fix this bug. Wish I could have my holiday afternoon back!!! Thanks again for your post.

I cannot receive call in my iPhone 6 since I updated it to 8.0.2 please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.