Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.0.2 call connectivity

I have an iPhone 5 and have upgraded to iOS 8.0.2 and although this is supposed the most advanced operating system ever my phone cannot do the most basic function it was designed for i.e. make or receive calls or texts. I have searched the web for and followed any troubleshooting tips to make it right without success. Thanks Apple for making my phone so clever its useless as a phone. I needed to call for help today (lost keys in a locked car park) and guess what I couldn't call my partner for the spare set. This wasn't a serious situation - just frustrating. But Apple imagine if it was much more serious? Would the company be held responsible? Would the company offer compensation?

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 7:08 AM

5 replies

Oct 13, 2014 8:32 AM in response to Gracie26113

Hello Gracie26113,

It sounds like you cannot make or receive phone calls at all after updating to iOS 8.0.2. I can definately see how that would be severely frustrating. Without knowing the specifics of the troubleshooting done, I would recommend you take a look at the steps in the following article to help you get that resolved:

iPhone: Troubleshooting issues making or receiving calls

1. Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn off airplane mode.
  2. Check your phone settings:
  3. Ensure that your software is up to date:
    1. Check for a carrier settings update.
    2. Check for an iOS software update.
      Note:
      Some updates may require a Wi-Fi connection.
  4. If the iPhone has a SIM card, reseat the SIM card.
  5. If the iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s is on the Verizon network, dial *228 from the iPhone and select option 2 to update the Preferred Roaming List (PRL). The PRL determines the cellular towers the phone uses for cellular service, selecting those with the best signal strength.
  6. Reset the network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  7. Try to make or receive calls in another location.
  8. Attempt to isolate to one network band:
    • If you're having the issue on LTE, disable LTE, if possible, and try again.
    • If you're having the issue on 3G/4G, disable 3G/4G, if possible, and try again.
  9. Contact the carrier to check the following:
    • Your account is properly configured to use the specific iPhone that has the issue.
    • There are no localized service outages.
    • Your account doesn't have a billing-related block.
    • Your calls don't have errors on the carrier system.
  10. Restore the phone as new.

If the above steps don't resolve the issue, go to an Apple Retail Store, carrier, Apple Authorized Reseller, or contact AppleCare to send the phone in for service.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Oct 14, 2014 7:42 AM in response to sterling r

I have gone through all of the above suggestions including restoring the phone, my phone is still saying No Service for call connectivity. I have contacted the carrier who says the problem is with the Apple updated iOS 8.0.2 which I seem to agree with as it was functioning perfectly up until this latest update. I am still no further in resolving the issue. I still have an iPhone that does not work as it does not make or receive calls or texts. I have a contract with the network service provider which I am paying £30 per month until next July, for an iphone that does not make or receive calls because it does not connect to the network. I am getting desperate for a solution.

iOS 8.0.2 call connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.