Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old apple ID email address access- won't take my birthday to reset

When I got my new iPhone I went about setting it up. Some old apple id's popped up for me to connect to to access some iTunes purchases. These eamil addresses are no longer active so I can't send myself an email to rest the PW. When I go to reset and i am asked for my birthdate, it says my birthdate is incorrect.

My birthdate hasn't changed. Not sure if there is any way to access this info from these old accounts. Any suggestions?

iPhone 6, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 7:54 AM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2014 8:52 AM in response to laurelynfromlexington

Hello laurelynfromlexington,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help in this situation. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice concerning account issues:

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions

If you can't reset your security questions

Contact Apple Support in either of these circumstances:

• You don't see the link to send a reset email, which means you don't have a rescue address.
  • You see the link to send a reset email, but you don't have access to email at the rescue address.

A temporary support PIN isn't usually required, but Apple may ask you to generate a PIN if your identity needs to be verified.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

Old apple ID email address access- won't take my birthday to reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.