Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MobileMe settings no longer work in my email client?

Hello!

Yesterday my third party email client settings for my MobileMe/iCloud email stopped working. I am using the imap.mail.me.com/smtp.mail.me.com settings and everything has been working fine until yesterday when they out of nowhere stopped working. Did something change on apple's servers that I need to change? I have checked at least a dozen times and the passwords/etc are correct as you all recommend. None of my icloud settings or password was changed. What could be going on? I have ssl required checked as well as everything else that is listed on this page: iCloud: Mail server settings for email clients

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 9:41 AM

3 replies

Oct 11, 2014 9:46 AM in response to cduke69

Those settings are correct. However non-Apple applications are asking for a password because Apple are now requiring app-specific password for third-party applications to access iCloud if you have set up two-step verification (in other words you have to obtain an individual password for any non-Apple program that wants to access iCloud).
Select 'Password and Security'; click 'Generate an App-Specific Password' and follow the instructions. Once you have the password, copy it and paste it into the password field in the application. You should also keep a note of it (though you can generate a new one if required)

If you haven't set up 2-step verification for your Apple ID then it's something else has gone wrong. You don't say what your system is (please always do). If it's a Mac using 10.7.5 or above, uncheck Mail in the list in System Preferences>iCloud and recheck it. If Windows, the same in the iCloud Control Panel. If you are using a Mac earlier than 10.7.5 please see

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

MobileMe settings no longer work in my email client?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.