Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S restore issue

I'm moving from an iPhone 4 to a 4S using a restore. All went OK but iTunes will not recognise the 4S as anything other than a new iPhone. Each time I get the option to treat it as a new iPhone or restore from a backup. I've done the restore (several times) and I've switched off the PC and the phone.

😟

iPhone 4S, iOS 8, Windows 8 (not in the list)

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 9:27 AM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2014 9:34 AM in response to DaveMarson

Hello DaveMarson,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with backing up and restoring. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

Restore from a backup

If you have a new iOS device, or if you need to restore your device to resolve an issue, use these steps:

1. Connect your iOS device to the computer that has your backup.
  2. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Choose File > Devices > Restore from Back up.If you're using iTunes 10.7 or earlier, right-click the device and choose Restore from Backup. iTunes and iOS don't support installing backups of later versions of iOS onto devices that are using earlier versions of iOS.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

iPhone 4S restore issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.