Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook keeps disconnecting from Time-Capsule wifi

My 2012 Macbook Pro often disconnects from my TimeCapsule WiFi. My iMac, iPhone and my girlfriends iPad don't have this problem.

What could I to solve this problem?

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.1.2, Time Machine

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 11:25 AM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2014 11:17 AM in response to TyLee88

Hello TyLee88,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like only this one computer is having trouble connecting to the network. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you resolve or isolate the issue.

Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a great day,

Mario

Oct 19, 2014 6:55 AM in response to mario49

Hey Mario,

I've looked at the link and ran a wifi diagnostics program as well. The problem was not solved and my macbook still disconnects from the Time Capsule after a minute or so. I've encountered another problem by the way. The guest-network I've created on the Time Capsule has no internet, so people are able to connect to the network, but are not able to use internet.

Hope to hear from you.

Greetings,

Tyrone

Mar 27, 2015 4:36 AM in response to mario49

hi,

Have you found a solution to this problem? I also have a macbook that constantly disconnects from my time capsule wifi. At first, I thought it was my macbook but now I'm on another wireless at home that goes through our Comcast wifi modem and it's fine. We also have another macbook, a pc based laptop, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads which all connect to time capsule no problem. And I also have the same issue w/the guest network. I went to the genius bar to get free advice and they could really not offer anything being that my time capsule is at home. I also have one wifi extender (airport express).

Macbook keeps disconnecting from Time-Capsule wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.