Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 6 vibrates but does not ring

My I Phone 6 vibrates when receiving a call but does not ring. I checked the volume switch and it is on ring and not vibrate. I checked settings - sounds and it the button is green for ringer, Do I need to check anything else?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2017 3:27 PM

This just happened to me and nothing was solving the problem until I saw your solution. Went to settings-phone-announce calls and sure enough it was set to Never. I don't know how this happened as well but it seems to be ok now.

Another odd thing today--my husband is on my Favorites list with his phone number, name and a photo. Today the number was still there but no name etc. Also happened with one of my other Favorites. Odd--no explanation.

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2017 3:27 PM in response to jooles7

This just happened to me and nothing was solving the problem until I saw your solution. Went to settings-phone-announce calls and sure enough it was set to Never. I don't know how this happened as well but it seems to be ok now.

Another odd thing today--my husband is on my Favorites list with his phone number, name and a photo. Today the number was still there but no name etc. Also happened with one of my other Favorites. Odd--no explanation.

Oct 17, 2017 9:20 AM in response to Eagle Scream

HA, HA, HA!! You are so spot on! A simple and true resolve. I was going crazy trying to find out what setting I had inadvertently put on to silence my ringer and text notifications. The simplistic solution is a reminder for me to slow down in life, and stop so much multi-tasking. I knew that little button exists. I have used it on many occasions.. but during all the shuffle of the last 24 hours, I completely forgot about it. Issue fixed! THANK YOU, FOR THE THE SIMPLE PLEASURES OF A SIMPLE REMINDER FIX 🙂

Nov 24, 2017 4:59 PM in response to Tirebiter4

I've loved iphone but gave up today on Apple because they can't make a phone ring enough to make it reliable for business use. I've had over 25 apple support calls only for it to work for a few days. Finally a supervisor took over the phone and turned it to apple engineering department. Three days later I'm told there are issues and they have no resolution, are working on resolution and don't know when they will have a resolution. I went and bought a cheap samsung but at least I'll have a phone that will ring, text, email and keep contacts. Good luck apple friends.

Oct 25, 2016 4:04 PM in response to Tirebiter4

I have an iPhone 6 and suddenly the incoming calls/texts notification sounds & vibrate stopped working. It was not muted nor was DND enabled......frustrating is an understatement. Thankfully I found the problem in Settings ; Phone ; Announce calls, which was set to Never......I am still flummoxed as to how this happened, I guess it will forever remain a mystery, but problem solved & ringer is now working after I set to Always

IPhone 6 vibrates but does not ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.