Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passbook on ios 8.0.2 not working

Passbook worked with iOS 8 until I upgraded to I OS 8.0.2 now none of my Passbook locations will show up on the lock screen. I have double checked all of my settings and there is no reason why my locations should not show up. The app I am using the most is Starbucks which will not show up anywhere. Anyone else experiencing this?

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 3:13 PM

8 replies

Oct 13, 2014 2:00 PM in response to jonfromwilsonville

Hello Jon,

It sounds like you’ve done quite a bit of troubleshooting for the Passbook Lock screen issue that started after updating your iPhone 5 to iOS 8.0.2. I can imagine this would be frustrating and I don’t want to suggest you try the same troubleshooting steps again, but the article below provides some troubleshooting suggestions that you may not have already tried that can resolve the issue.

iOS: Using Passbook

Lock screen and Notifications

If the pass isn't appearing on your Lock screen as expected, try these steps:

• Tap the info icon on the pass and confirm that "Show on Lock Screen" is on.
  • Tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Make sure that Location Services and Passbook are both on.
    Note
    : Location services work best when Wi-Fi is enabled. Learn more about location services.

If the pass is appearing too frequently on the Lock screen, you can turn off that feature for a specific pass. This can be useful when you work or live near a location that uses a pass in your Passbook.

Turning off notifications: Tap the info icon on the pass and turn off "Show on Lock Screen".

Passbook can display notifications to let you know when a pass updates or when you are near a location that is offering a pass. For example, Passbook can notify you when there is a gate or time change for your flight, or if the location you are in is offering a coupon or sale.

Tap Settings > Notification Center. Make sure Passbook is listed in Notification Center and either Alerts or Banner notification style is selected.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

Passbook on ios 8.0.2 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.