Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unreal Engine 4 UDK on a MacBook Air?

Hello there! 🙂

As you see in the title: Is the Unreal Engine 4 UDK able to run on a MacBook Air?

My Air is from 2013 which got the Intel HD 5000 with 1536 MB of DDR3 memory (was 1024 before but after the 10.9.3 update it was increased) and i decided to

customize it with a i7 (-4560U, 1.7 Ghz with Turboboost up to 3.3 Ghz) and 8GB of RAM since i do play some games and use heavy programs. It usually runs really nice, even with some settings at a higher value.

I ordered with a 256GB SSD, which after some tests are REALLY fast (speeds up to 700mb/s write and 730mb/s read, my self i got almost the same values with Blackmagic disk speed tester)

I am using OS X Mavericks 10.9.5

And i got hooked with UE4 after seeing some community creations and what you can do with it.

I'm not going to create a desktop game, but i will create maps and MAYBE 1 or 2 mobile games.

Is it going to run? Or should i just wait until next week to see the new MacBook Pro models with dedicated GPUs? Would be awesome if someone had some experience with it on a MBA🙂.

Thanks for reading and have a nice weekend! 😎

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2015 3:02 PM

Not as interested in downloading UE4 until I get a better graphics card, I'll mark this as solved to keep away unsolved questions around here 😝

1 reply

Unreal Engine 4 UDK on a MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.