Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iwatch

apple they know what we need before we do, up until now. My question was to be: is the Iwatch dive proof and if so to how many metres. However I have since found out I won't be able to even shower in it. How long before the Iwatch catches up with our needs?

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 5:43 PM

10 replies

Oct 12, 2014 4:31 PM in response to Garyb255

Garyb255 wrote:

Thank you Rudegar, no watch feedback yet but I sent my feedback via iPhone feedback. Love my apple products so the choice is not clear. Samsung have a waterproof watch but every computer, tablet, phone in the house is apple so hope they can develop a waterproof version soon

Well, the problem is I don't need a waterproof watch. So I would really resent Apple making a watch with the extra thickness and weight that a waterproof watch would require. If I did need a diving watch I would buy a watch designed for the purpose. The Apple Watch is designed for the average user, not for special situations. I'm sure there are enough average users to make the watch a success.

Oct 13, 2014 1:11 PM in response to Garyb255

Please do, bother frequently. Ignore em, gotta be thick skinned if your gonna be an apple fan. :-)

Just a pointer though. Apple fans such as us are very dedicated to the technology that is provided. And while bot sides of the fence share shredded and somewhat oxymoron views; You can get a way with that on other forums because of the unfaithful base that is created, who want to newest fancy features.

Frankly, I think you bring up a good point. And in all honesty, apple has not released the Apple Watch as of yet, so the exact sepcs are not yet finalized.

Oct 13, 2014 4:12 PM in response to Garyb255

Garyb255 wrote:

Wow not the friendliest of communities is it. Sorry I voiced an opinion.

I Won't bother you again

Lawrence is also allowed to voice an opinion. The fact that he does not agree with you is not "unfriendly". It just means he doesn't share your opinion. When you post on any kind of public forum, you have to be prepared for people disagreeing with you.

Mar 29, 2015 6:06 PM in response to Garyb255

The Apple Watch is rated IPX7

Water RatingDefinitionSuitable ActivitiesUnsuitable Activities
IPX7Withstands incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutesIndoor/outdoor use in the presence of rain, snow or brief splashes of waterAny immersion of more than 1 meter, regardless of duration of immersion, or any immersion of more than 30 minutes, regardless of depth of immersion
IPX6Protected against powerful jets of water. Water projected at all angles through a 12.5 mm nozzle at a flow rate of 100 liters/min at a pressure of 100 kN/m2 for 3 minutes from a distance of 3 metersOutdoor use in rough sea conditionsAny sustained immersion
1 ATMWithstands pressures equivalent to a depth of 10 metersImproved resistance to rain, snow and splashesShowering, swimming and water-related activities
3 ATMWithstands pressures equivalent to a depth of 30 metersShowering, rain, snow, splashes and accidental immersionSwimming and water-related activities
5 ATMWithstands pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 metersSurface swimming, shallow snorkeling and similar activitiesHigh speed watersport surface impact may exceed this rating (ex. wipeout during motorized water sports)
10 ATMWithstands pressures equivalent to a depth of 100 metersBathing, swimming and snorkelingDeep water scuba diving and high speed water sports

Iwatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.