Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to double click to do anything

My iPad has gone weird. It first said JKL and every time I want to do something I have to double click. How do I fix this to make it go back to normal??

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 12:51 AM

Are you having to tap an item to select it (and does it then get a box around it) and then double-tap it so as to activate it ? If you are then you have VoiceOver (one of the accessibility features) 'on'. Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.

If that doesn't turn it off then you can either turn it off directly on the iPad (you need to use a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling) to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off', or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5018

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2014 12:51 AM in response to jessie11205

Are you having to tap an item to select it (and does it then get a box around it) and then double-tap it so as to activate it ? If you are then you have VoiceOver (one of the accessibility features) 'on'. Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.

If that doesn't turn it off then you can either turn it off directly on the iPad (you need to use a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling) to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off', or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5018

need to double click to do anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.