Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3 does not show menu

After starting my Apple TV it boots directly into the "an error occurred loading this content" message. I cannot switch to the menu to install the latest update or launch any applications.
I am however be able to start airplay. I can watch Youtube videos which has been started with my iPhone or movies stored on my PC. As soon as I stopt them or switch back to play via iPhone, the error message pops up again.
It also doesn't matter whether I use the original remote or the remote app, pressing the menu button doesn't do anything.

Hope someone might help me, now with the NHL season starting I need my Apple TV again 😀

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 2:07 AM

3 replies

Oct 12, 2014 11:24 AM in response to BenGe89

Same problem, what eventually worked for me after several restarts was to disconnect and reconnect the Apple TV from the network. Apple TV seems riddled with problems in keeping a consistent connection, as does the Remote app on iPhone and iPad. I really wish Apple would get it's act together and make these things reliable. I've got 6 major apple products and have the hardest time getting them to talk to each other. Updates create as many problems as they solve. (Don't get me started on what iOS 8 has done to my iPad.) This fix was easy once I tried the right thing, but within the next week I'll most likely be dealing with some new troubleshooting issue when Crapple strikes again.

Apple TV 3 does not show menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.