Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i reset NVRAM on 2009 Mac Book

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008)

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2014 8:42 PM

OS X Lion- Reset your computer’s PRAM

When to reset NVRAM or PRAM

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Immediately press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.Continue holding the keys down until the computer restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  5. Release the keys.

Resetting PRAM may change some system settings and preferences. Use System Preferences to restore your settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2014 8:42 PM in response to lw56

OS X Lion- Reset your computer’s PRAM

When to reset NVRAM or PRAM

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Immediately press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.Continue holding the keys down until the computer restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  5. Release the keys.

Resetting PRAM may change some system settings and preferences. Use System Preferences to restore your settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.