Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iTunes Account Country

Since I'm from Romania, I created an iTunes and Mac App Store account for the Romanian store. But recently, after I gained more experience and started using my Mac, iPhone and iPad more and for various tasks, I'd like to access features and apps that are not available in Romania. So I was thinking about changing the country associated to USA.

Apple says that:

After you change the country of your account, you won't see the items you purchased from the previous country’s store in the Purchased section.

So...what is to be understood from here? My main problem is that I purchased various expensive apps, like Logic Pro X and others with my Romanian account. Is there anyway to migrate to the USA store, not losing any of my purchases and free apps associated to my account? Or do I, like, "start fresh" when changing country?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 12:45 AM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2014 2:48 AM in response to Esquared

Yes, I know that a simple change of country in the account will not work. And yes, I do have an actual USA address which I used successfully some time ago to test iTunes Radio. But to be honest, I really don't remember what happened then with my apps or even if I had some important purchases which I cared about back then. And now I wouldn't risk changing the country again, until I answer those questions.

Oct 12, 2014 4:24 AM in response to m3adi3c

I think I have my solution.

Changing countries can be done with a billing address and a credit card for the destination country. However, there are downsides if there are apps purchased in the former country. How to deal with this issue is explained here.

Sorry, I could have easily answered my question if I did a bit of prior research.

Change iTunes Account Country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.