Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 numbers not syncing with icloud

I have noticed today that documents I edit on my iPad Air (latest iOS 8) in Numbers are not syncing to iCloud.

The up-arrow in the right hand corner of the document icon doesn't go away.

Syncing isn't working the other way either - changes I make on the Mac are not synced with the iPad.

This was all working fine last week and I haven't made any changes which might explain the problem.

I am running OS X Mavericks and editing iCloud documents through the iCloud.com website.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Rick

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 4:25 AM

8 replies

Oct 13, 2015 2:58 AM in response to Rick Bav

Hi Rick,

This is still a problem but I found another way of resolving it (on iOS 9.0.2 with the latest Numbers updates). If you use the small + next to the share icon to open a document (rather than doing Create Spreadsheet), you can access your iCloud Drive documents. Choose the document that's not syncing. That will force the app to get the document from the iCloud Drive and will download the document instead of just leaving it stuck with that down arrow in the top right corner. Obviously this only works for doing documents one by one, and it'd be really nice if Apple would fix this stuck download issue that's been going for years, but it does save you from having to reset network settings and so on.

iOS 8 numbers not syncing with icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.