Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8 photos app won't stop syncing

Recently upgraded to an iPhone 6 and iOS 8. When I open the Photos app, it always has a Syncing..... indicator at the bottom and won't stop. I have tried disabling Photo Stream and iCloud photo albums and doing a hard restart. I also deleted out many old photos that appear to have been corrupted during the upgrade.

How can I fix this?

Thank you.

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 8:03 AM

9 replies

Oct 19, 2014 3:47 PM in response to heiber

I just fixed my issue. I resynced my Ipad photos with my PC using Itunes. My first sync nothing showed up on my Ipad. The second time I was able to get album names but no photos and I was getting a continual syncing message at bottom of the screen on my Ipad when I tried to open an album folder. The third time synced, the photos came over in the correct albums and there was no more syncing message.

May 7, 2015 7:16 PM in response to heiber

I am having the same issue. I recently upgraded to iPhone 5S and to iOS 8. The latest photos I have are from last August and the phone has continuously a "Syncing" message on my Photos App. Has anyone been able to solve it? Or does anyone know the link to a similar thread? I haven't been able to find anything else about this issue.

ios 8 photos app won't stop syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.