Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.0.2 slows internet connect and blurs face time

Just got off apple chat. Upgraded last night IPad 4 GSM from 7.1.2 to 8.0.2

Big mistake, system is slow and face time is unstable and blurry. Spent time on chat with Karl, case number 67****194. Want to go back to stable working very pleased with 7.1.2 but told not an option. tried resetting network, reboot no help. Karl wanted to check my other face time contacts. My two ipads and iphone were checked, the problem is with the iOS 8.0.2 system only. They want me to ship it in for repair. Didn't need repair prior to 8.0.2

Apple knows that if they make the down grade an option, users won't help find all of the bugs in their OS. we are all now stuck until 8.0.3. here is the final word from Karl

"Downgrading has never been an allowed process.

I know that is what you have read, but I cannot be more clear that this has never been possible. My case notes will be attached to the case, so don’t worry about this being documented. If you decide to work on this with us, we’re available via chat 24/7. Right now it doesn’t seem that you’re willing to work on the issues, so I feel like it’s best that we end our session here. I do hope you have some time soon to work on this with us. Have a nice day David!"

Karl then cut me off before I could reply. Nice guy, if you are unhappy with apple iOS 8.0.2, write to Tim Cook and let him know that the software needs fixing.

Here is another quote from Karl

"I know it may seem obvious, but I assure you the update is not the underlying cause. If the update was the issue everyone who installed this software would have the same problem. If we can’t continue troubleshooting at this time I’d be more than happy to send you some resources to explore the issues on your own, would that work for you?"

Guess Karl doesn't check the discussion board because lots of us are having issues with the WiFi after upgrade.

<Edited By Host>

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 8:51 AM

7 replies

Oct 12, 2014 4:13 PM in response to DRGolden

So rather than post this message which does no good for anybody involved - including those that are experiencing the same problem as you, why don't you do like Karl suggested and try some troubleshooting. Why not restore the iOS software on the iPad? Sometimes a clean install is all that it takes to fix the problem, I can't guarantee that it work work, but it's worth a try. Bellyaching about Karl and Apple Support serves no purpose at all.

BTW, there are millions of us that are not having any WiFi or Internet problems at all, so like the man said, if it was simply the upgrade causing the problem, nobody would be able to connect to the internet. "Lots of us" doesn't mean everybody.

Oct 13, 2014 4:26 AM in response to Demo

Been there done that, how many hours of trouble shooting do you expect before the obvious is realized? new clean install did not help. You don't mention your hardware that works wonderful. you could have just replied no problem but instead you provide useless comments. Apple you should leave the path to downgrade open until the software is Proven to work. Hope that iOS 8.1 is released soon to fix their errors. My neighbor (iPad 4+cell) still can't connect. Cell shows no service and WiFi at house is degraded compared to other devices. Face time has same issue as mine. She has followed the apple fix (home+pwr reboot) and it is only very temporary fix. We are left with degraded devices and poor opinion of Apple. Your comments provide no help.

Oct 13, 2014 6:39 AM in response to DRGolden

And your comments are totally useless. All that you did was to express your opinion of Apple and Apple Support. Nowhere that I can see in your first post, do you mention that you did a clean install of the iOS.

My iPad 3 has some issues with the keyboard that are annoying but not something that I cannot work around. Everything else is working fine for me in iOS 8.0.2 on the iPad and most of the keyboard issues occur here in this Apple Support forum. The keyboard issues are due more to bugs in the Jive support software than problems with the iOS. It works fine everywhere else.

My wife and I have iPhone 5S's running iOS 8.0.2 without issue and my daughter's iPad retina Mini is running iOS 8.0.2 as well with no problems at all. Not everybody is having problems with the update.

Oct 13, 2014 4:36 PM in response to Demo

Sorry it took so long to reply, the Internet is so slow with 8.0.2, nothing like the performance I had before. Anyway since you offer no assistance and you seem to be angry, I must conclude that ignorance has blinded you to the use of this form. I am happy you are satisfied with the reduced performance of your apple products. I'm not, I've been an apple user since 1990 and this is the first time I made the mistake of update before checking the hundreds of thousands of complaints about iOS 8. Like I said, no work around, just have to wait until Tim Cook pulls his head out and holds a new product release until testing is complete. Enjoy your bliss mr. demo or should I call you Karl ;-)

Oct 16, 2014 3:21 PM in response to Demo

HI Mr. demo,

i thought I should update about a improvement i found searching the Internet. Why you or apple did not supply this suggestion is still a mystery. Seems there is this setting in privacy/location services/wifi networking. it appears Apple broke this because turning it OFF improves Internet speed immensely. Note this was fine in 7.1.2 but is not good in 8. Suggestion for everyone and Apple support, spread the word this helps.

MR Demo, how did you get any points?

Oct 16, 2014 5:43 PM in response to DRGolden

DRGolden wrote:

Why you or apple did not supply this suggestion is still a mystery.

I will make this real easy for you. I didn't supply this information, because I didn't know about it. I don't know everything. I never claimed that I did. I apologize for not knowing about this. I truly am happy for you if this little tip solved your problem. I hope that you are happy now as well.

MR Demo, how did you get any points?

They had a sale at WalMart for points in the Apple Support Community. They were 50% off that day. I made a killing.

iOS 8.0.2 slows internet connect and blurs face time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.