Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer of Library

I just got a new PC. I would like to transfer my library from my iPod. Does anyone know if that is possible and how to do it?

iPod nano

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 9:22 AM

Hello Frank,

It sounds like you have a new computer, and would like to transfer the music from your iPod to it. Your iTunes purchases can be trasnferred with this article:

iTunes Store: Transfer purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

Keep this in mind:

This feature works only for audio, video, and apps that you purchased from the iTunes Store. Any items that you imported from audio CDs or acquired from other sources won't copy from your device to the iTunes library. However, copies of all PDFs and books from your device's iBooks app will transfer to the computer, regardless of whether they were purchased from the iBooks Store. Learn more about transferring media to your iTunes library.

If you still have access to your old computer and the iTunes library there, you can transfer the library from the old computer to the new one with this article:

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2014 9:22 AM in response to frankfrombarnegat

Hello Frank,

It sounds like you have a new computer, and would like to transfer the music from your iPod to it. Your iTunes purchases can be trasnferred with this article:

iTunes Store: Transfer purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

Keep this in mind:

This feature works only for audio, video, and apps that you purchased from the iTunes Store. Any items that you imported from audio CDs or acquired from other sources won't copy from your device to the iTunes library. However, copies of all PDFs and books from your device's iBooks app will transfer to the computer, regardless of whether they were purchased from the iBooks Store. Learn more about transferring media to your iTunes library.

If you still have access to your old computer and the iTunes library there, you can transfer the library from the old computer to the new one with this article:

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

Transfer of Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.