Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't transfer Audible audiobook to iPod Classic

So, I downloaded an audiobook from Audible.com and got it into iTunes just fine. While in iTunes, the book plays normally - nothing wrong with the file. However, when I try to drag the audiobook to my iPod, iTunes freezes with that darn beach ball spinning and I'm forced to do a 'Force Quit.' I've tried dragging the file directly from the Finder to my iPod icon on the Finder screen and also from the Finder screen to the iPod's name within iTunes. No luck. I went through each format and had the same problem. I also tried changing the file type from .aa to .m4b. Again, no luck. Does anyone have any idea about how to fix this?

I'm using a Macbook Pro OS X 11.9.5; iTunes 11.4 (18); iPod Classic 80GB

iPod classic, 80GB

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 3:00 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2014 9:38 AM in response to InsertSnappyNameHere

Hi InsertSnappyNameHere,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like audiobooks are playing normally on your computer but do not sync to your iPod.

Even though the file does play, I recommend starting with these troubleshooting tips:

iPod: Troubleshooting songs and audiobooks that won't play

1. Try deauthorizing and reauthorizing your computer. Repeat the deauthorization and reauthorization process for any other iTunes Store accounts for which your computer is authorized.
  2. Double-click one of your affected iTunes Store files.
  3. Enter your account name and password in the resulting dialog.
  4. Click OK.

After you've deauthorized and reauthorized your computer, open iTunes, select your iPod, and choose Sync iPodfrom the File menu. If that doesn't resolve the issue, try restoring your iPod.

After you've restored your iPod, open iTunes, select your iPod, and choose Sync iPod from the File menu. If that doesn't resolve the issue, try recreating your iTunes library.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

iTunes won't transfer Audible audiobook to iPod Classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.