Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air ~ Memory Card specifications

Hello.

I would like to buy a few Memory Cards to use on my MacBook Air - early 2014.

BUT!!! I have a few questions I would like to have answered...

1. Is there a specific brand of Memory Card that I need to buy to use on a Mac?

2. What is the limit capacity of a MacBook Air compatible memory card? I mean, can I use something superior to 32Gb?

3. I use a few Memory Cards on my digital cameras... do I need to format them to use them on a Mac? If I do, will they still work on my Canon cameras?!

Thank you in advance for any info you may give.

All the best!

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 1:51 PM

Are you referring to an SD card? If so you can use any you want as long as they fit in the SD card slot. You should be able to use as large an SD card as will fit in the computer slot. SD cards used in cameras are not always formatted compatibly with Macs unless you set a camera option to allow you to convert the card format to something compatible like MSDOS-FAT32.

Your computer specs show that you have an SDXC card slot, so you must use these types of cards or any other type of card usable in this type of slot.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2014 1:51 PM in response to JMPC

Are you referring to an SD card? If so you can use any you want as long as they fit in the SD card slot. You should be able to use as large an SD card as will fit in the computer slot. SD cards used in cameras are not always formatted compatibly with Macs unless you set a camera option to allow you to convert the card format to something compatible like MSDOS-FAT32.

Your computer specs show that you have an SDXC card slot, so you must use these types of cards or any other type of card usable in this type of slot.

MacBook Air ~ Memory Card specifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.