Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 3 stopped updates and downloads on 12 OCT

iPad 3 was working fine a few days ago. Running 8.02

Starting 12 OCT, I can no longer update apps or download new ones. I have tried the reboot and login and logout tricks.

One App was updated 11 Oct and several on 9 Oct.

Today when I tried to update, it stalls, I now have 9 Apps stuck on PENDING.

I tried deleting anApp, but was not able to re-download and install.

The update wheel spins for a few seconds and then just

Everything else seems to be working Safari, Netflix. etc.

Will 8.03 fix this?

Thanks

Ken Sisitka

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 10:18 AM

Hello Kenneth,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with crashing apps. You may want to consider a restore to factory settings. The article contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

Before you restore your device

1. Make sure you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Use iTunes to back up your device and transfer and sync any additional content to your computer.
  3. Turn off Find My iPhone in Settings > iCloud on your device to disable Activation Lock.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2014 10:18 AM in response to Kenneth Sisitka

Hello Kenneth,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with crashing apps. You may want to consider a restore to factory settings. The article contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

Before you restore your device

1. Make sure you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Use iTunes to back up your device and transfer and sync any additional content to your computer.
  3. Turn off Find My iPhone in Settings > iCloud on your device to disable Activation Lock.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

Oct 14, 2014 11:42 AM in response to bobby_d

Bobby

Thanks for your reply. Lucky for me, Deleting the WSJ App and Deleting the Apps with PENDING upgrades cleared the log jam. My next step was going to be a "restore to factory", but did not have to go that far!. I have since received App updates the last 2 Days without problems. I am waiting for my iPhone Plus to get here to see if it "plays nice" with the iPad.

ipad 3 stopped updates and downloads on 12 OCT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.