Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue Tooth connectivity no longer working in Mazda 3 on ios8 with iPhone 6

I'm imagine I'm not the only person having these issue's and I'm hoping that Apple will release a fix soon but wanted to know if anyone has had any luck with a work around that doesn't involved completely wiping your phone, which I've done with zero success.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 6:11 PM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2014 10:56 AM in response to YAC08

Hi YAC08,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

The steps in this article have helped some users who were pairing their iPhones with a car stereo prior to iOS 8:

If you can’t use a Bluetooth accessory or car kit

Additionally, here are some other troubleshooting tips to keep in mind:

1. Verify compatibility

Contact the manufacturer or refer to your car stereo's user guide to see if your device is compatible.

Note: Some accessories may have limited compatibility.

2. Update software and firmware if necessary

Verify that both your car stereo and your device have the latest software versions. Contact the manufacturer to see if any updates are available. If your device does not have the latest version of the iOS, update to the latest software version.

Bluetooth

Car stereos with Bluetooth may allow you to pair a device that can play calls or music through the car speakers. Ensure that your car stereo supports the A2DP Bluetooth profile before attempting to pair an iPod with it.

Note: iPhone can also connect using the HFP Bluetooth profile because it uses HFP to make phone calls through your stereo speakers. iPod devices do not have this protocol (because iPod devices aren't phones).

You can check for the A2DP Bluetooth profile by attempting to play music from your iPhone through your stereo speakers using Bluetooth. If calls route to the stereo speakers but music doesn't, it might not support A2DP. Contact the manufacturer or refer to your car stereo's user guide to see if your device is compatible.

Disconnect and restart

If you are experiencing difficulties with the connection between your stereo and device, disconnect the device, and then power cycle the stereo and your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. When the Home screen reappears, reconnect your device. If you cannot power cycle the stereo, turn the car off and then back on to allow the stereo to power off.

Isolate the issue

Try to reproduce the issue with an identical or similar accessory, if one is available, or test with a second device.

iOS: Troubleshooting car stereo connections

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Blue Tooth connectivity no longer working in Mazda 3 on ios8 with iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.