Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to create bookmark folder after iOS 8 update

all new patches to iOS 8 done..I am unable to create a new bookmark folder in Safari on ipad 2. I CAN create a new bookmark, but NOT a NEW FOLDER-- the folder does not SAVE -- there is NO command to "Save" at the bottom of the edit bookmark field like there was in iOS 7. There is only a "Done" key on the iPad keyboard, but selecting that DOES NOT save the new folder. I followed all the correct procedures: Go to bookmarks.....edit....select create new folder.......identify where to put it.... But there's no SAVE command--selecting "done" doesn't Save the folder..nothing appears in the Bookmark list or when you go back to bookmark the page the folder isn't there (using the icon left of URL.)

there are are no settings for this under Settings that I can find. Please help. Thx so much.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 5:21 PM

7 replies

Nov 17, 2014 10:47 AM in response to calinana

Try this.....

1. Create and name your new folder using the usual method

2. DO NOT.....say again..... DO NOT hit 'DONE'

3. Tap the 'KEYBOARD' icon and obviously the keyboard will disappear.

4. Your newly named folder should now be created.

After heaps of frustration and unnecessary messing about trying to figure out what was going wrong, this method now seems to work for me

Jan 14, 2015 7:38 AM in response to calinana

Found I think the solution for this.

go thru the proces of creating a new folder. go into Bookmarks, edit, create new folder, type in name, then select location. Hit done, but here's how you save it. Hit The <All. On the upper left beside the edit folder line. This seems to act as the save button. When yit takes you back to the list of folders you should be able to see your shiney new folder. Hope this helps

THis isn't even in the iPad owners manual.

Jul 28, 2015 4:12 PM in response to Technogeek2

The Save button is in the area where you create a new bookmark. The icon for that in iOS 8 on an ipad is towards the right of your screen, and is the box with the north pointed arrow coming out of it.

This is about creating a new folder, in the "view/edit" bookmark area, under the icon on the left side of the screen that looks like two pages, or a tablet...

Unable to create bookmark folder after iOS 8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.