Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import edited Photos from iPhone 5s to Mac

Hello Everyone!

How can I import several photos from my iPhone 5s (updated to the latest iOS 8.0.2 (12A405)) to my macbook Pro (updated to OS X 10.9.5)?

I've been searching all over the net, all over support.apple, iPhoto help, iphone help, and I am unable to do this. I found sending email with attachments a very inefficient way, (i've been looking all over for over 4 ridiculous hours). iPhoto would only import originals.

I also tried iCloud sharing, but besides being a bore, it doesn't save the location when exporting.

It seems i've once achieved to import edited pictures, after several hours of searching, but now I can't recall how i did it. It -the way i did it that time- created a folder with the event name inside the iphoto library, but now when I try to import with iphoto, it will save only the original file, and save it in some weird named folder, which is inside of another weird named folder and so on. I have to import more than 5gb of photos this time which are already edited on the phone, need a way to do this without making it one by one, and would like to save the location data, since they are from trips in Europe.

I need a hero! Any help would be kindly appreciated, since i'm running out of ideas, and getting really tired of this (:

Thanks all!

Ki

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 5:30 PM

6 replies

Oct 12, 2014 5:57 PM in response to kiyary

Shared PhotoStreams or move the edited photos to the camera roll after editing

Hopefully later with Yosemite and iCloud and will find it easier - and next year when the Photos App replaces iPhoto and Aperture hopefully it will be even easier

LN

and PS the solution is NEVER going into the contents of the iPhoto library - there is never any reason to do that and it is very dangerous

Oct 12, 2014 11:06 PM in response to kiyary

There is no easy solution, I'm afraid.

If the shared photo streams are not an option for you, wait with transferring your edited photos for a bug fix. The current Photos.app in iOS 8.0.2 does not have the option to save a copy of the edited photo to the camera roll, and shared photo streams do no longer transfer the GPS. If you can wait for an iOS 8 update to fix this, wait a bit.

Dropbox will also transfer the edits, but the GPS is also missing.

Mailing the photo will remove the GPS.

You may want to send feedback to Apple with a bug report that edited photos cannot be transferred properly right now. http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphoto_ios.html

Oct 13, 2014 10:15 AM in response to kiyary

i have also been looking for a solution to this problem and so far have come up empty handed :/ the effects on my phone are way better than the ones offered by iphoto on my computer but I always lose them once I import the photos to iphoto.

hope apple can fix this problem quickly :/ it is very annoying to have to iMessage myself my edited photos or having to edit them again on my computer 😐

Oct 13, 2014 10:50 AM in response to léonie

Ah, buggers.

How do I do the photo stream? I´m afraid with all i´ve been trying, I can´t remember what is what.

How do I do it with dropbox? Seems I can´t upload photos to dropbox anymore, since Carrousel is now active. Carrousel was suppose to be a simple and quick way of uploading photos, but I have no idea how to get to it online. On a sidenote, I´ve never used Carrousel.

Thank you for your info, all very useful.

Oct 13, 2014 10:58 AM in response to kiyary

To share edited photos to a shared photo stream, select the photos in the moments or collections. You can select a complete moment at once by pressing the "select" to the right of the moments title. Continue to select moments, then the "share" button and tap iCloud Photo Sharing, add comments, then share to an existing Shared Album or create a new one. (see: iCloud Photo Sharing ).

you should see the Shared Stream in iPhoto on your Mac in the iCloud section, if you enabled it in the System Preferences > Cloud and the iPhoto preferences > iCloud.

Import edited Photos from iPhone 5s to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.