Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant setup keychain!

I've recently upgraded to iOS 8.0.2 on my iPhone 4s, and I have managed to setup everything in iCloud but this! I have searched this support site for half an hour, and I still do not have a solution.

I just cannot get the verification code! I tried until it told me too many were sent recently, but I have yet to receive any! I waited 15 minutes in each attempt, and I feel like I have wasted my time.

I know I can get text messages since I got 20 in the time I was trying, and I made sure it is the right number. I have about 4 dots of 3G and unlimited everything, so I know there's no problem receiving anything!

I though stuff always happens for a reason, but what reason is there for nothing to happen?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 7:32 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2014 11:26 AM in response to Nothingeverworksthewayyouwant

Hey Nothingeverworksthewayyouwant,

Thanks for the question. Based on what you stated, it seems like you are not receiving the verification code for iCloud keychain. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you resolve or isolate the issue.

Get help using iCloud Keychain

I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS.

1. Make sure that you have a strong cellular network connection on your phone.
  2. Make sure that your phone number can receive SMS messages. You can do this by asking someone to send you a text message.
  3. Make sure that the correct phone number is associated with your account:
    • In iOS 8, tap Settings > iCloud > Keychain > Advanced. In iOS 7, tap Settings > iCloud > Account > Keychain. Make sure the phone number under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
    • In OS X Mavericks v10.9, choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Make sure the phone number under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

If you can't access a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, contact Apple Support and verify your identity to get help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a great day,

Mario

Oct 14, 2014 1:18 PM in response to mario49

Dear Mr/Mrs. Mario94,

You cannot just read the first few sentences or paragraphs, then write a very standard answer thinking I missed while, as I mentioned in the original post, "searched this support site for half an hour." Now let me reply to every step you told me to go through using quotes from the original post:

Make sure that you have a strong cellular network connection on your phone.

"I have about 4 dots of 3G and unlimited everything..."

Make sure that your phone number can receive SMS messages. You can do this by asking someone to send you a text message.

"I know I can get text messages since I got 20 in the time I was trying..."

Make sure that the correct phone number is associated with your account:

"...and I made sure it is the right number."

If you can't access a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, contact Apple Support and verify your identity to get help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

Well, I dont have one device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, and I came here to avoid having to contact Apple support, and I was gonna do this after the week is up.

Sincerely, Nothingeverworksthewayyouwant

Cant setup keychain!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.