Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Call Quality issue (Rainy/Static noise)

Hello Friends,

I recently bought an iphone6 from ATT and have replaced it with apple due to couple of screen issues. The replacement device seems have some call quality issues. I keep hearing Rainy/Static background noise consistently on all calls (right from the beginning till the call ends). I have replaced my SIM and reset my phone via Itunes as well, but they don't seem to help me a lot. AT&T claims its an phone issue, but the team at Genius bar said that the device is working as expected and its not an phone issue. The noise so loud & annoying in when i use it on speaker. Let me know if someone has faced similar issue and have resolved it? Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 5:33 PM

7 replies

Mar 20, 2015 6:27 AM in response to Sats@Apple

I have an iPhone 6 and have a Spigen case on it and I had the same issue but called it a "f@r# sound" in my ear while on any calls where there was any background noise and was getting the same feedback from AT&T and Apple. I ended up turning off noise cancellation: Settings > general > accessibility

then scroll down to noise cancellation and turn it off. My call clarity is at least 50% better and no more "f@r# sounds" in my ear. I have not tried it without the case as I farm and cannot have an iPhone(or any phone for that matter) without a case

Iphone 6 Call Quality issue (Rainy/Static noise)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.