Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV using FaceTime and ios8 the image does not display the image the correct way

Apple TV using FaceTime and ios8 the image does not display the image the correct way. No problem usin iOS 7.

iPhone 6, iOS 8, Apple tv

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 6:38 PM

9 replies

Oct 13, 2014 4:48 AM in response to R C-R

Sorry about that. My iPhone is landscape the apple tv mirrors the image horizontal. I can turn phone horizontal & Apple TV displays verticle. So my phone displays the correct orientation but the Apple tv is opposite of what it should be. It is not the other caller either. They can see correctly on their phone/iPad, they are not using Apple tv. Can use a iOS 7 device with my Apple TV and Apple tv works correctly. Not able to send picture at this time. Have also tried with 2 different Apple tv devices. Hope this enough detail that explains that the problem.

Apr 14, 2015 8:02 AM in response to sochanus

Still does not work with 8.3 Called Apple Support and tried to explain the problem to Mike and all he could help me with was rebooting my Apple TV and iPhone. Told him I was way beyond that and needed the next level of support. He hung up. Are we the only 2 they have tried to use this? It still works fine with my iPadmini2 and iOS8.whatever just not a full screen, but it works with the correct orientation! Guess they'll want us to buy the new Apple TV but will it work correctly with iPhones, iOS8.? and display the correct orientation?

Apple TV using FaceTime and ios8 the image does not display the image the correct way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.