Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail in 10.7.5 not syncing with iCloud (Oct 2014)

I have the 2-Step Verification set up. Recently Apple emailed everyone about creating third=party passwords for the 2-Step verification system. Well ever since that email sent, I cannot access my iCloud in my Mail 10.7.5. I've tried updating my password via System Prefrences > Mail, Contacts & Calendars and it ask for my iCloud password. So I enter it and ask me for my verification code and then ask for the password again. Then I get the Apple iCloud Terms and Conditions, which I do accept and click. Then here I'm stuck in a loop: it ask for my password and then ask for me to accept the Terms and Conditions! What the heck!

I tried clearing my Keychain passwords but I still get the same error/loop cycle. Should I enter through the actual Mail program (even though I read that I should go to my iCloud preferences based on this link: iCloud: Mail server settings for email clients)? Need help asap!

~L

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Black, 2.4 GHz

Posted on Oct 12, 2014 7:31 PM

There are no replies.

Mail in 10.7.5 not syncing with iCloud (Oct 2014)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.