Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two factor authentication on iOS 6

Hello,

my setup is the following:

- iPhone 4 with iOS 6 (reasons are quite simple: much smoother than iOS 7)

- MacBook Pro

I've set up the two factor authentication of my iCloud account and was quite happy, till...

my iPhone started asking to type in my iCloud password. And it keeps asking it, no matter how often I type it in.

I discovered, that it has to do with the two factor authentication. Apparently, iOS 6 can't handle that.

On iOS 7 everything worked flawlessly (of course only iCloud considered).

Now I want to know, because I haven't found any comment on the web, if this is a known problem, or only a mistake on my side?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 5:06 AM

6 replies

Nov 29, 2014 2:53 AM in response to FromtheOrange

Hello,

it's not your fault, I have the exact same problem than you.

I'm using an iPad mini upgraded to iOS 8 where everything works fine and an old 4th generation iPod touch with iOS 6. I enabled two-factor autenthication and I'm not able to login into my iCloud account on the iPod. It keeps asking me to enter the password.

I've tried more than once with both my "regular" password and an "App-Specific Password" and nothing works.

I hope there's a fix to this!

Jun 4, 2016 10:39 AM in response to FromtheOrange

It seems to not be an issue now. I just signed out of iCloud on my iPhone 4 on iOS 6, and signed back in (June 4th 2016), and went through the two step verification. Hopefully I stop getting those password prompts, I haven't gotten one yet after signing out and back in an hour ago. I do have an iPhone 6 as my main phone, so the password prompts didn't bother me too much, but now it seems the issue is gone.

Note: You have to completely sign out (go to iCloud settings and then go to the bottom and click Delete Account) and then sign back in again.

Two factor authentication on iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.