Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I gave my daughter my iPhone 4S when I ugraded to iPhone 6. When I reset to factory, it updated to iOS 8. Now, she cannot initiate phone calls. everything else works, and others can call her. She just cannot call out. I updated to 8.0.2, and

I gave my daughter my iPhone 4S when I ugraded to iPhone 6. When I reset to factory, it updated to iOS 8. Now, she cannot initiate phone calls. everything else works, and others can call her. She just cannot call out. I updated to 8.0.2, and it came back momentarily. two days later, she cannot call out again.

I had NO problems at all with my 4S - and had no issues calling out. I don't know what to do now... her upgrade is not until December. Is there a way to go back to iOS 7?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4, includes iPod, too

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 8:48 AM

4 replies

Oct 15, 2014 1:17 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks Chris. When she went to the dial pad, she could enter a number, but when she pressed the green/white phone button, nothing happened. She also could not call out from "recents." I eventually called Applecare. They had me "restore" after backing the 4S up, and now it works perfectly fine. All her pics, iMessages, and such were restored on the phone (Restore with backup).

I gave my daughter my iPhone 4S when I ugraded to iPhone 6. When I reset to factory, it updated to iOS 8. Now, she cannot initiate phone calls. everything else works, and others can call her. She just cannot call out. I updated to 8.0.2, and

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.