Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there really a bend problem in Iphone 6 and 6 plus, Bend problem?

Is there really a bend problem in Iphone 6 and 6 plus

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 7:42 AM

To date, about 4 people have come to the forum to say they bent their phone. If this was such an issue, we'd be seeing waaaaaaay more reports of bent phones. A friend of mine is an Apple Store Genius and he told me (he'd have no reason to not be honest) that in our local Apple Store, not one person has come in with a bent phone. Apple itself has publicly stated (this was about a week ago) that they've received nine complaints.

So, do the math. Apple how has sold at least 60,000,000 phones and the percentage of complaints isn't even statistically relevant. Bottom line, the phone is thinner and is made of aluminum. Any phone made of aluminum, which stressed enough could bend (not just Apple phones). So put it in a case, don't sit on it and be responsible with your device.

73 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2014 7:42 AM in response to Daniyal97

To date, about 4 people have come to the forum to say they bent their phone. If this was such an issue, we'd be seeing waaaaaaay more reports of bent phones. A friend of mine is an Apple Store Genius and he told me (he'd have no reason to not be honest) that in our local Apple Store, not one person has come in with a bent phone. Apple itself has publicly stated (this was about a week ago) that they've received nine complaints.

So, do the math. Apple how has sold at least 60,000,000 phones and the percentage of complaints isn't even statistically relevant. Bottom line, the phone is thinner and is made of aluminum. Any phone made of aluminum, which stressed enough could bend (not just Apple phones). So put it in a case, don't sit on it and be responsible with your device.

Oct 13, 2014 7:47 AM in response to Daniyal97

I have the iPhone 6 and I've had it since 3rd of October and I don't have any "bend" issues with it. I kept mine in a case though and made sure that I don't neglect it. 😀 Apparently, the iPhone 6 Plus is more prone to bending than the 6. Regardless of all the issues that came up with these new iPhones, I love my iPhone 6! 🙂

Oct 17, 2014 7:22 PM in response to Daniyal97

mine isn't "bent". But it was feeling weird in my hand. I wear loose jeans daily at work, most of the day I'm on my feet walking around and maybe 1-2 hours of sitting With my phone in front pocket. I have had iphone 6+ for 2 weeks.... It is warped. Not to an extent where its completely noticeable. But face down on a flat surface (glass side down) you can wobble it. It's sad, hopefully it doesn't get worse. And yes, it is in a case.

Nov 7, 2014 9:58 AM in response to Daniyal97

I believe this is an issue as my 8 day old plus was sitting nicely on the table I picked it up noticed it was weird and it had bent/warped - literally 5 minutes after I was showing it off to my brother - his is (was) on order - changed his mind! Apple gave me a new one - but I have 2 more days to decide if I want to stay with this product or run to the Galaxy Note 4. I love Apple but am so disillusioned with this new iPhone. Makes no sense - I keep it on the desk or in my purse - never in a pocket - never abused. Just bent like some magician was doing a trick!😮

Nov 7, 2014 1:59 PM in response to lobsterghost1

The reason I joined today is because I decided to go report to Apple in case apple store doesn't. saw there was a forum so thought I would let others know. I don't care if you believe it or not it happened and i juat think people should be aware it's not just a couple - if it happenEd to me it obviously can happen to anyone and apple had no problem exchanging and telling me they have gotten quite a few. I have my new plus with a tungston case this time instead of jist a thing plastic and rubber that obviously wasnt strong enough to keep it from bending while I might add it was red hot when I was texting before I put it down And theN it warled - so I'm hoping for the best. Sorry you have such little faith in what people poat just to let people know it happens.

Nov 7, 2014 4:45 PM in response to Stonzfan

Stonzfan wrote:

The reason I joined today is because I decided to go report to Apple in case apple store doesn't. saw there was a forum so thought I would let others know. I don't care if you believe it or not it happened and i juat think people should be aware it's not just a couple - if it happenEd to me it obviously can happen to anyone and apple had no problem exchanging and telling me they have gotten quite a few. I have my new plus with a tungston case this time instead of jist a thing plastic and rubber that obviously wasnt strong enough to keep it from bending while I might add it was red hot when I was texting before I put it down And theN it warled - so I'm hoping for the best. Sorry you have such little faith in what people poat just to let people know it happens.

Oh I have no doubt YOU bent your phone. Yes, they can be bent. What I think is ridiculous is you expect ANYONE to actually believe it just bent all by itself. It's been tested over and over and it takes 70 - 90 lbs/square inch of force to bend one. And yet, you must think we fell off the turnip truck if you think anyone will believe the phone bent all by itself. Positively ludicrous and you know it.

Is there really a bend problem in Iphone 6 and 6 plus, Bend problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.