Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 Fake FaceTime Audio missed call appearing on the lock screen

Hi all,

FaceTime is getting me crazy.. almost everyday I get fake missed FaceTime calls from a friend of mine on the look screen.

He did not call me but I get his missed call.

Everything started since I update my iPhone to iOS 8.

My friend iPhone was on iOS 7.1.2, so the only change was on my device.

Anybody has any suggestion?

Thanks in adv

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 12:31 PM

I doubt it is a fake call, but rather perhaps an old call that isn't clearing due to the update. I wonder if you go to Settings>FaceTime and turn it off and back on ...also take a look and make certain that only your phone number and email are checked as to where you can be reached on FaceTime.

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2014 12:31 PM in response to femp

I doubt it is a fake call, but rather perhaps an old call that isn't clearing due to the update. I wonder if you go to Settings>FaceTime and turn it off and back on ...also take a look and make certain that only your phone number and email are checked as to where you can be reached on FaceTime.

Oct 18, 2014 2:21 PM in response to femp

The exact same thing is happening to me since upgrade to 8.0x.

Whenever anyone in my family calls, it shows two missed FaceTime calls from my brother at the exact same time.

We have checked our address books to see if by chance we have the same number in more than one person's entry, and we don't. Whether my wife, my daughter, my mother or my father call (cellular), I get two missed FaceTime calls for my brother.

Nov 10, 2014 6:02 AM in response to femp

I've experienced the same issue - phantom missed FT Audio calls from the same person. The frequency is always 2 at a time, but the interval is sometimes 3-4 notifications a day.

As suggested by Femp, I've disabled FT, cycled the power, and turned FT back on. Now I'll wait to see if the problem surfaces again.

Thanks!

Jan 9, 2015 8:39 AM in response to femp

Hi All,

My sister has the same issues. Starting from this January she has been receiving up to 16 calls a day from me (specifically from one of my email address registered with facetime). Even if I do not call my sister for a couple of days, she randomly received the missed calls.

I'm glad to see that someone else has the same issue, I started to worry that my apple id could have been hacked.

Interesting though, my sister receives only calls from my icloud email address and from nobody else. We are not on the same network (we are not in the same country either).

Jan 18, 2015 6:44 AM in response to femp

I am having this same problem. My partner will receive missed FaceTime audio calls from my iCloud account several times a day that I did not make. We are both on iOS 8.1.2 using the iPhone 6 Plus.

I travel internationally frequently so we use the FaceTime Audio feature constantly to save on roaming costs. This is really annoying.
Apple are you going to fix this in iOS 8.2 ?

iOS 8 Fake FaceTime Audio missed call appearing on the lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.