Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I do a restore on my iPhone5S?

I changed my email address (Apple ID) but the little window keeps popping up asking for the password for my OLD email address. I signed out of my old ID before changing it so I don't understand it. I took my iPhone5S to BestBuy and they tried to solve the problem but couldn't. They said I should go home, do a backup to my computer then restore the phone. Help, please!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 12:26 PM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2014 12:42 PM in response to anitap

Check these articles for more info: Find My iPhone Activation Lock and iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac

What if I forget my Apple ID password?

If you forget your password, you can reset it at My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com) or by contacting Apple Support and verifying your identity.

If you forget your password and cannot reset it, you will lose access to your Apple ID and may be unable to use or reactivate your device. To help prevent this, visit My Apple ID periodically to review and update your account information.

Oct 13, 2014 12:49 PM in response to WiseJD

The popup window does not accept the old password, even though the email address showing there is the old one. That is because I changed my email address and password so the old information is gone. It's a catch 22! I can't get passed the pop up window since the old password doesn't work. Now I'm trying to do a restore via iTunes but it says to go into iCloud and deactivate "Find My Phone". I can't do that because of the above situation. Grrr!

How do I do a restore on my iPhone5S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.