Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 w/8.0.2 dials wrong number over bluetooth in car

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.0.2 I drive a 2014 Nissan Altima. When I make a call over bluetooth in my car, and select a name from my phone book, the screen in my car will display the correct name from my phone book, but will actually dial the person listed before the person I intended to call in my phone book. Example:

Contact List:

John White

David Whitmore

When I say "call David Whitmore" the screen in my car will display "Calling David Whitmore" and my bluetooth system will respond that I am calling David Whitmore, but it will actually dial John White. I've tried this with several other names in my contact list, and my car always dials the number of the person listed before the person I actually want to call in my contact list. I had this same phone before updating to iOS 8.0.2 and had no issues whatsoever. Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas as to what's going on?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 7:44 PM

1 reply

May 27, 2015 6:32 PM in response to Sanduvall

I had the same issue and solved it.

Go into your phone and bluetooth settings.

Then select phone settings.

Where it says "sort phonebook by" [First] click on that so it changes to [Last] then click it again to return it to first. On my rogue it synced the voice commands back with the phonebook and all is well now. Hope this helps.

Iphone 6 w/8.0.2 dials wrong number over bluetooth in car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.