Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS8 Backup not working

I have a new iPhone 6, iOS is all up to date. I am unable to complete a full iCloud back up. Have tried to do this manually, it starts,says is is backing and estimating time however after 30 or so minutes, stops and say's backup failed.

I have 200GB of iCloud storage and am only using a fraction of it.

Am backing up via USB connected to an iMac. I also have a MacBook Air which is faster but isn't the machine I use to sync by phone, does that matter is I use the MacBook to simply run the iCloud backup?

Any ideas?

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8, 128GB

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 4:01 PM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2014 8:37 PM in response to GregY8888

This is the only other iCloud support document that I could find that comes close to troubleshooting automatic backups. Other than that, I can find nothing. It talks about what conditions need to be met to create an automatic iCloud backup. I'm guessing that you have done all of that; connected to power, on Wi-Fi and the screen is locked. If you are, I cannot offer any further help. I do not use iCloud, so I have not experienced any issues.

iOS8 Backup not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.