Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Back To My Mac ever work?

I've been trying to get Back To My Mac to work since the day it was released. I have a 13" MacBook Pro Retina (just bought it) and a Mac Mini. (I previously had a mid-2010 15" MBP that also didn't work with B2MM.) Both are running the latest versions of Mavericks. I've trying turning B2MM off and on many times. I'm on the same network, using an Airport Extreme v7.6.4 - It's either the 4th or 5th generation. Router Mode is DHCP and NAT. Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol is on, enable default host is not. Airport wifi is off and I'm using a Ruckus R300 but I've had many different APs including the AE and non have enabled B2MM to work.

I'm of the belief that no one actually uses this feature or maybe Apple has never actually turned it on.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 6:18 PM

1 reply

Oct 15, 2014 7:18 AM in response to Anthony Sbarro

Hi Anthony Sbarro,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting to get Back to My Mac to work. I recommend taking a look at this page for a few additional steps to try:

If you have issues using Back to My Mac

If the issue continues, the article suggests contacting iCloud support for more help:

Contact iCloud Support

If you still can't use Back to My Mac, contact iCloud Support. Here's the information you'll need:

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Does Back To My Mac ever work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.