Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to pair an apple TV with an Apple key board ?? Should be easy but ???

Hi out there...

Ive just bought an Apple TV and because I already have a Mac needed to buy a new key board to pair them up...but it's not happening !

So have a wasted $89.00 Aus for nothing because it should be fairly straight forward

Cheer Sal

Apple TV, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 11:56 PM

4 replies

Oct 14, 2014 2:40 AM in response to Totty63

If you have a recent model Apple wireless keyboard you should be able to pair it with the ATV very easily. Apple's Apple TV: Using the Apple Wireless Keyboard provides step by step instructions for doing this & a troubleshooting section if you encounter any problems.

In particular, note the "not paired or connected to another device" troubleshooting item. That was a "gotcha" for me because I had forgotten that I had paired my wireless keyboard with my iPhone to show someone how that works. Oops! 😊

If you need to unpair your keyboard, you do that from the device it is currently paired with.

Oct 15, 2014 2:12 AM in response to R C-R

Hi there...R C-R....

Unfortunately I was on the ph to Apple for 1.5 hrs last night and didn't get anything resolved. They vowed to contact me this evening but to no avail 😟

I even tried pairing my computer with said Apple TV and it wouldn't even do that !! So you think it could be the TV set top box that could be faulty ??

The key board that's new is not paired to anything and Im feeling a little p$^&8ed off about the whole saga...

Ill call then tomoz and see where we go from there and ask the shop where I bought it from too

Cheers

Sal

Oct 15, 2014 3:20 AM in response to Rudegar

Once paired with one Bluetooth device an Apple wireless keyboard should not try to pair with any other Bluetooth device. It should pair only while in 'discovery mode' as indicted by the blinking LED on the upper left top of the keyboard.

To unpair the keyboard with a Mac it is currently paired with, follow the instructions on page 6 of http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1208/en_US/Apple_Wireless_Keyboard_ 2009_UG.pdf

How to pair an apple TV with an Apple key board ?? Should be easy but ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.