Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

very big problems with bluetooth in the car and iOS 8..... the worst software ever...

very big problems with bluetooth in the car and iOS 8..... the worst software ever...

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 12:57 AM

12 replies

Oct 14, 2014 3:18 AM in response to Dimov4

heres my solution. I bought 6 plus on Sunday and it would not connect to my car. My 5s , 5 , 4. All worked.

cconnect to iTunes and restore. Apple told me to connect to iTunes not through icloud. After that I set up as a new iphone totally and retested. It connected. Make sure there are no,other devices under the bluetooth setting. Mine originally had iphone and iPad and hands free so something was giving the glitch. It then connected. I signed out of icloud onall of my devices. It was still connected. Then I did a restore from previous backup again on iTunes. Signed into icloud and all good. In the morning the ipad was listed under devices but was not causing a glitch. Still connected in car.

Mar 3, 2015 6:31 PM in response to Mirecek

Same issues in my 2011 VW Jetta SEL. My bluetooth functionalities on my steering wheel and touch screen radio do not respond.

Also, I cannot stream music. The bluetooth does work but only if you answer from the phone itself or use siri to call. VERY FRUSTRATING! I just got this car last week and was beyond excited for the bluetooth capabilities.

I have tried restoring network settings and also restoring phone.

Any further suggestions?

Mar 3, 2015 8:36 PM in response to NLindberg

NLindberg wrote:

Same issues in my 2011 VW Jetta SEL. My bluetooth functionalities on my steering wheel and touch screen radio do not respond.

Also, I cannot stream music. The bluetooth does work but only if you answer from the phone itself or use siri to call. VERY FRUSTRATING! I just got this car last week and was beyond excited for the bluetooth capabilities.

I have tried restoring network settings and also restoring phone.

Any further suggestions?

Check with your dealer and ask if there are any firmware updates for your vehicle.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.