Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can not use the app store

hi, all

I just bought the iphone 6 in Singapore. Unfortunately, this iPhone can not download applications in the app store for free though. Are not all iphone can download applications for free?

can anyone help me?

thanks,

rahajeng

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 13, 2014 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 12:00 AM

Hi Rahajeng,

I assume that it is the first time you're using iPhone? If so, I'd like to highlight the importance of having an Apple ID for every Apple devices.

Allow me to quote from Apple Support:

"An Apple ID is your user name for everything you do with Apple, such as shop the iTunes Store, enable iCloud on all your devices, buy from the Apple Online Store, make a reservation at an Apple Retail Store, and use certain resources on the Apple Support website (apple.com/support)."

As you can see, the Apple ID is like the main essence for enjoying any Apple devices that you've purchased. You can actually create this Apple ID the exact time when you buy your iPhone 6 at Apple retail store. Just ask the store clerk if you'd like the ease of creating Apple ID.

If you'd like to create custom Apple ID, simply follow these steps:

1. Open the App Store

2. Select any application that you'd like to download (I prefer any apps that are FREE, of course)

3. While trying to install the application, there will be dialog box that suddenly pops up

4. Select the 'Create a New Apple ID' button

5. You will then be redirected to registration form

6. Afterwards, simply fill in your personal information as detailed as possible

7. If successful, there will be a validation request sent to the specified email address

8. Click the validation link, so that your Apple ID can be validated

That's it! You've successfully created Apple ID and able to download any available applications from App Store!

Regards,

Risdian

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2014 12:00 AM in response to rahajeng

Hi Rahajeng,

I assume that it is the first time you're using iPhone? If so, I'd like to highlight the importance of having an Apple ID for every Apple devices.

Allow me to quote from Apple Support:

"An Apple ID is your user name for everything you do with Apple, such as shop the iTunes Store, enable iCloud on all your devices, buy from the Apple Online Store, make a reservation at an Apple Retail Store, and use certain resources on the Apple Support website (apple.com/support)."

As you can see, the Apple ID is like the main essence for enjoying any Apple devices that you've purchased. You can actually create this Apple ID the exact time when you buy your iPhone 6 at Apple retail store. Just ask the store clerk if you'd like the ease of creating Apple ID.

If you'd like to create custom Apple ID, simply follow these steps:

1. Open the App Store

2. Select any application that you'd like to download (I prefer any apps that are FREE, of course)

3. While trying to install the application, there will be dialog box that suddenly pops up

4. Select the 'Create a New Apple ID' button

5. You will then be redirected to registration form

6. Afterwards, simply fill in your personal information as detailed as possible

7. If successful, there will be a validation request sent to the specified email address

8. Click the validation link, so that your Apple ID can be validated

That's it! You've successfully created Apple ID and able to download any available applications from App Store!

Regards,

Risdian

can not use the app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.