Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone goes into recovery mode every time it dies?

If my phone battery dies it immediately is in recovery mode and I have to wipe the phone to get it back to factory settings. Can i fix this??? It is very annoying and sometimes my phones dies when I have 30-40% battery still so I am not sure if I can even prevent this from happening.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8, good condition iphone

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 1:34 PM

Hello emmahardman,

It sounds like your phone needs to be restored because it goes into Recovery Mode when the battery runs out, and it sometimes turns off when there appears to be plenty of charge left. Assuming you are restoring from a backup when this happens, I would next time set it up as a new device and test to see if it happens again. If so, reset the phone with the following process and test it again:

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

If the issue still keeps happening, I would next seek service for the iPhone:

iPhone Repair and Service - Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2014 1:34 PM in response to emmahardman

Hello emmahardman,

It sounds like your phone needs to be restored because it goes into Recovery Mode when the battery runs out, and it sometimes turns off when there appears to be plenty of charge left. Assuming you are restoring from a backup when this happens, I would next time set it up as a new device and test to see if it happens again. If so, reset the phone with the following process and test it again:

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

If the issue still keeps happening, I would next seek service for the iPhone:

iPhone Repair and Service - Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

iPhone goes into recovery mode every time it dies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.