Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple guru support phishing scam?

just got an email from Apple Guru Support saying my icloud account had been suspended and I needed to enter my username and password on a link... is this a scam?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 12:33 PM

There are many such Phishing attempts just now. When in doubt, never enter your password or Apple ID when prompted by an email.

2 replies

Mar 28, 2015 3:40 PM in response to peterfromsanta fe

This scam seems to be active in Australia. It is hard to decipher if the email is bonafide. The link to personal details is alarming.

Herewith part of the email - (I googled "KYC" = "Know your Customer" Wikipedia about fraud - Joke!).

Read in the excerpt paragraph, the grammar is incorrectly written: "reviewed" incorrect tense. This is is threatening and malicious email.

________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________

This is the last email to notify you as of 28 - March - 2015 that you have failed to reviewed your Apple Profile details. Under "KYC" regulation Apple is required by law to perform a validation of your Apple ID, failure review your profile will result in deletion of your iCloud within the next two working business days.

________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________

In over twenty years I have never been emailed for my ID AND bank details by Apple.

The other concern is that in an alternate email account, a message is to protect myself with a subscription to 'Mylife' - this is a threat.

I will be verifying all this with a phone call to Apple support. Several times 'MyLIfe.com' is offering preventative Internet ID security, to further scare me into paying for a non-existent service. Watch out - the fraudsters are getting very tricky.

apple guru support phishing scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.