Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iPhone 6 plus stay connected to wifi?

I manually reconnect the wifi and then it disconnects. I have turned it off/on and it just keeps switching back to LTE 😟

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2017 8:32 PM

Why won't my IPhone 6+ stay connected to wifi?

22 replies

Nov 18, 2014 11:58 AM in response to AmishCake

This issue is also impacting others. There is a discussion, on the Apple Forums, titled "iOS 8 Wi-Fi problems" which has 289280 views and 1,209 replies at this time. So there something wrong with the software and/or hardware of the iPhone 6 and other Apple products and it needs to be fix by Apple as the solution provide by all have failed to correct the problem.

Below is the message it gets quite often when using Netflix, as I do not want to use my cellular data to watch videos/movies. A similar error message when using Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime Instant Video, and YouTube.

User uploaded file

Nov 18, 2014 4:15 PM in response to nazarite99

The number of views and replies in a thread does not indicate how many people have a problem; only how many people are reading and/or replying to that discussion. Even if it did indicate such, there would still be many, many millions of people who are not affected by this supposed problem.

The screenshot you posted is not aproblem but a notification from your software that, unfortunately, cannot be turned off at this time. You may submit feedback to Apple to indicate your displeasure with this behavior at this link: http://www.apple.com/feedback

Have you tried restoring your software yet? That would be the next recommended step in user troubleshooting.

Why won't my iPhone 6 plus stay connected to wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.